- November 17: Baptism Class, Rockford Campus only, 10:50 am, room 304
- November 21: Guatemala Team Meeting, next payment due, pay online Ensley Campus
- November 28: Thanksgiving, offices closed at all campuses
- December 4: Prayer for the Nation, 9 am room 304 Rockford Campus
- December 5: JOY (senior adults, retirees) potluck at noon, bring a dish to pass Ensley Campus
- December 8: Kid’s Christmas program Rockford Campus
- December 9: Preschool Christmas program Rockford Campus
- December 15: JOY Potluck, Rockford Campus
- December 15: Town Hall Meeting 6 pm, Rockford Campus
- December 22: Candlelight at Rockford Campus 10 am, 3 pm and 6 pm (Ensley Campus & Northview Campuses, 1 service only 10:50 am)
- December 24-26: Northview Campus Office closed
- December 29: No evening activities
- December 30 – Jan 5: Senior Sneak/Passion trip
- February 21-29, 2020: Guatemala Mission Trip Ensley Campus
THERE IS A PLACE FOR YOU HERE
BHBC Cares: November 17 is the last opportunity to bring food and other items for 2 awesome organizations in the heart of our communities. Rockford Campus and Northview Campus are collecting for North Kent Connect. Ensley Campus will collect for Love Inc. There are wooden crates at each campus where you can bring your donations. Items needed: pasta/pasta sauce, oatmeal, low sugar cereal, canned fruit, beans, vegetables, laundry soap, shampoo, and conditioner are also needed.
BHBC Cares: November 18 – December 22, one of the organizations doing amazing work in our community is Alpha Grand Rapids. We are helping them as they raise money for life and for families. B.kids will be collecting change and BHBC Students will also have a chance to participate. Change banks are due December 22. You can donate online or contact [email protected].
Baptism Class: Today, 10:50 am, room 304 Are you interested in baptism? There is a class at the Rockford Campus location for anyone from any campus interested in baptism. If you are under the age of 16, please bring your parents to class.
BHBC Budget Update: Thank you for joining with us to bring the Gospel of Jesus to kids, students, and adults involved at 3 BHBC campuses! Our weekly ministries and programs continue because you faithfully GIVE of your time, energy and financial resources. Contributions that repeat automatically allow us to be more consistent in planning the BHBC budget. Set up a weekly or monthly recurring gift today at bhbconline.org/Give.
SERVING OUR COMMUNITY
Make a Difference Together: Serving opportunities for your group or family are on our SERVE Blog.
Ensley Campus Needs:
- Painting opportunities available. We provide the paint, you provide the willing hearts. Mini Blinds need to be hung in the lower level. Are you available to help?
- Winter’s coming. Help with snow removal and salting needed 1 hour before services Sunday and Wednesday, Contact Bob Dreyer 616-292-0628 or [email protected].
Emily Wiarda – Kenya
I am so excited that I will be back in Michigan and get to worship with my BHBC family next Sunday, being home through December, was an unexpected blessing. I had planned a home assignment for 5 months starting in April 2020 but because of staffing changes, I had to postpone my home assignment until July. When I decided to come home in December in light of my delayed home assignment, the Lord knew I would need a break after this term! As I look back at this past term, there have been a lot of good things but also a lot of very hard things. At the end of last school year, my counterpart Jeff stepped down as the Dean of Men. This has meant changes to my job and the people I work with, which has been very challenging for me this term. On top of this, RVA administration is in the process of restructuring our leadership which, though good, has also caused a lot of uncertainty with my job. On top of this, we experienced several challenging situations that I was directly involved in which were taxing. Though there were many challenges this past term, I am reminded that God is still working in this place and that it is a blessing to get to do the work I do. I would love your prayers for rest when I am home and time to process all that has happened this term. Pray also for Rift Valley Academy as a school as we continue to walk through a season of change, change always brings challenges. Pray for our students, some of them are wrestling with their faith, pray that they will see how much they are loved and choose to follow Jesus. I am so thankful I get to be home with my family in Michigan and the opportunity to see many of you.
Updated November 16, 2019