The Other Way Ministries

January 27, 2017

The Other Way Ministries is a Christian community development organization walking alongside urban families, guiding them toward Christ – centered growth. Families discover spiritual direction, relationship growth, and economic stability through a diverse range of services, programs and classes.

Here is a list of ways you could make an impact:

Discipleship Group Leader –  The Other Way Ministries is looking for energetic, kid-loving, Jesus-following adults who are interested in building relationships through Youth Ministry. Every Tuesday from 4:00-7:00 pm, The Other Way hosts “D-Groups” for 3rd-5th graders. This is a time for games, teaching, small group discussion led by volunteer leaders, fun activities, and a meal together. This is an incredible opportunity to invest in the lives of kids in our community!

Homework Huddles Tutor – Volunteer to tutor Sibley Elementary students at The Other Way! By committing to be a consistent volunteer from 3:45-5:30 pm either Mondays, Wednesdays, or both, you can be a fun after-school presence in the lives of Sibley kids and help them stay on track with their math, reading, and more. No teaching experience required (but certainly appreciated) – just patience and a desire to work with elementary-aged kids!

Little Lights Infant & Toddler Program Volunteers – Volunteer to nurture the littlest Westsiders through this grant-funded program offering free childcare to eligible neighborhood families. Volunteers may choose to work 8 am – 11 am, 11 am – 2 pm, or 2 pm – 5 pm on any weekday. A weekly volunteer commitment for a minimum of 3 months is necessary to provide a consistent atmosphere for the children. Must be 18 years or older.

Food Donation Driver – Volunteer to pick-up food donations from local partners/stores in Grand Rapids, and bring them back to our food pantry. Tuesday and Thursday Morning drivers are needed! If you have a large vehicle, this would be helpful. If not, we can provide use of a vehicle after proper clearance.

You can find more info and an application at: